Monday, September 20, 2021
Home > Sports > Fatigue eats up Cam&Motor FC

Fatigue eats up Cam&Motor FC

By Lovemore Chazingwa at Rimuka Stadium 

MORALE is low in the Cam and Motor FC camp as the team says it feels lack of motivation is getting the better of them, working under the mine and on the pitch.             

“We lost as a result of low morale in our camp.  Things are different. There is no motivation on the part of players. We need that motivation to get positive results.  We played a good game, created some chances which we could have scored but, that motivation is lacking,” said Deverson Alizo after his charges dropped full points again, losing 0-2 to a fired-up Grain Tigers FC in this Northern Region Soccer League Division 1 match played here.             

Last week CAM FC lost 0-1 against Chegut Pirates in a match spolied by ref Terrence Mharira’s poor officiating.         

Against Grain Tigers FC, the match got off with pressure on the home side. Norman Chikumbirike and  Blessing Mawunga forced to deflect and miscue dangerous balls, respectively, in frantic efforts to clear the ball within the first pair of minutes.             

CAM FC goalkeeper and captain Paul Kamunhukamwe came to the rescue, avoiding a goal, before some spectators had even taken their seats, by the visitor. The host could not  escape in the first 30 minutes.             

Grain Tigers FC talisman Bezel Chimwaiwashe connected a well taken right flank cross that was delivered into a dangerous position just outside the penalty area, on the left wing. Chimwaiwashe connected first time to beat the whole CAM FC defence, 21 minutes into the match.               

Conrad Matamba was forced to make a headed clearance when a goalbound ball threatened his keeper.                 

Idrisa Kaponda, for Grain Tigers FC, missed a chance presented to him after reckless play by the CAM FC defenders. Matamba was shown a yellow card moments after by center referee Phinias Takaedza who was confident, fair and firm with the whistle.       

Edmore Kasirori dragged the host back into the game with a classical header in the 39th minute  breathing hope into his camp. Another taxing cross from Kasirori was saved by the defence-line but, only as far as Doubt ‘Dhawela’ Labani who was felled while in possession of the ball but, the referee, Takaedza ignored calls for a freekick.                 

He felt Dhawela simulated. Immediately afterward, it was Labani’s turn to provide a cross to Kasirori, the latter missing the ball when he prefered a chest control when, off action, it seemed a header could have done the trick inside the box.     

Chimwaiwashe came back to haunt the CAM FC defence after receiving a gem of a ball from Lloyd, but the Grain Tigers first goal scorer was adjudged to have handled before executing.                 

It was one all at half-time. The second block saw CAM FC’s Pawell Govere take the first shot at goal which was deflected by the Tigers captain Edgar Tapera before settling into the hands of an alert Alex Musindo, in goal for the visitor.                 

Coach Deverson pulled out Mawunga introducing Tapiwa Phiri.             From the proceeding attempt, the homeside had a go at goal only for Costa Chidhakwa’s inaccuracy to preserve the score line.               

Dhawela’s chest pass to his fellow gunmen resulted in a  shot  that went off target which could have added a goal, had Kasirori  done it with better precision in front of the nets.           

Former premier league player, Matamba flashed brilliance with a defence splitting pass, alas, his targetted man Dhawela was offside on the right flank.                   

Doubt, however, got another quick supply from midfield but his intended pass into the penalty area was saved by defensive link-man Zvikomborero.                 

The same head cleared another ball from the CAM FC strike-force in quick succession. Dhawela weighed in with a ball that kept rising with distance, affording Tigers a chance to breath.                     

Laterward,  Chimwaiwashe had a golden chance to increase his goal tally but, his shot went off target at close range. The gold-miners won a freekick in a fancy position but their deadball taker, Labani’s delivery was cleared to safety.                 

Another freekick from Romeo Gutuzha got the same fate from the tall Tigers defenders. Apparently, Tigers had the advantage of tall players and aerial tussles went their way. It boggles the mind why CAM FC was supplying high balls to dimunitive players like Kasirori and Dhawela.

Tigers head coach Malvern Mhonda brought in Admire Mbulawa in place of Cloud Mapoka. With the substitution done, CAM FC won a corner kick which hit the nearside upright post, rolling out for a Tigers goalkick.                     

A promosing ball from Shawn Kwaramba to Tapiwa Phiri was missed in the penalty area, with the Tigers goalkeeper and his defenders begging for mercy.           

Mhonda opted for another 68th minute substitution, giving Isaac Nyazenga game-time while reducing David Marova’s minutes on the field of play.                         

A Grain corner kick was wasted soon afterwards. With the visitor’s goalkeeper drawn way out of his position, Dhawela turned villain as he delayed in supplying well positioned team-mates resulting in the goalie recovering and those waiting for the ball in execution positions getting marked.

Kasirori tried in the aftermath to come up with a shot on target, this time it was safely saved by visiting gatekeeper. Alizo made his second substitution of the afternoon, taking out Chidhakwa and bringing on Gilson Paul.                           

A 77th minute solo run by Lloyd Jani resulted in the second goal for Grain Tigers FC. Jani took advantage of a ball gifted to his legs.  He made a solo run for about ten meters, the tiger found its spot with Kamunhukamwe   drawn out of his goal area.                 

The lanky striker coolly greeted the nets, silencing the stadium.               The last Tiger to come onto the pitch, Stanley Murove replaced Jani, who walked out with three points in his boots. Alizo also substituted Govere for Adam Hussein to try and salvage a point but it was a little too late.               The last chance of the afternoon came for Kasirori who again, missed a header directly facing the goalmouth.                   

It was another agonizing defeat for the gold miners at home.

Tigers coach praised teamwork: ” For us its nothing else except team wotk.  We also work hard to get positive results.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons